Thursday, November 18, 2010

A N00b's Guide To The Internet: Digital Drugs


Lets face it drugs are everywhere, and the Internet is no exception. Digital drugs are now actually quite a common thing, but what are they? How do they work? If they even work at all that is.

Digital drugs aren't as new as you might think, in fact they are actually down right old, dating back to 1839 when Heinrich Wilhelm Dove discovered Binaural beats. A Binaural beat is created when two different tones are play in each ear, the tones must be of slightly different frequency's. The tones should "mix" together a produce a third tone that sounds like it is coming from inside your head. Sounds totally dangerous and sounds like you probably shouldn't do it but don't worry the website says its not harmful.

But does it actually work? Well being the investigative journalist that I am, I decided that, in the name of science, I would try it. This is how it went down.

I plugged my headphones in feeling skeptical, i mean who wouldn't be a little skeptical? Press play on itunes. Suddenly I hear low buzzing/humming sounds, with occasional water flowing, or some one peeing I really couldn't tell. This went on for about 20 or so min, than it was over. I felt normal still and just naturally assumed that it did not work. Than I looked at my chair and was like," Whoa my chairs really small." Than I saw my desk and went, "Whoa my desk is really small." In a state of part panic and part shock I decided to text Jack, but my phone was just to small. I vividly remember thinking to myself, "Why did I buy this phone? It's far to small for me! It's far to small for anyone, this is ridiculous!" This lasted for about 20 min until everything went back to normal.

Let's say that you wanted to try this for yourself, where would you get these mp3 files? I-Doser.com specializes in selling these files. This website sells a variety of different MP3 all said to have different effects, everything from the effects of a bottle of wine to the effects of snorting 6 lines of coke. I of course acquired my mp3 through "a legal" means *wink* *wink*

Yes I guess this could be viewed as bad and people could get addicted to it, but hey, people get addicted to anything and everything all the time anyways. While it was..(weird?) to try I probably wont try it again.

But if I was I would drop $200 for the "Gates Of Hades" mp3. It stimulates a birds eye view over hell....Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment