Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sometimes I Play Video Games: Fallout New Vegas



This has been a game that I have been waiting for since Fallout 3 came out in 2008, after putting an almost 100 hours I feel like I am to review it, and can honestly say this game is a broken piece of s#:t.

What makes this game broken you ask? Well off the top of my head

1. The game crashes once every give or take 30 min

2. Some times the ground decides that it no longer wishes to be solid, so I fall through it in to an blackness forever without dying.

3. When I walk to a room a fire my shot gun every item in the room floats to the ceiling, and stays there.

4. While wondering the wasteland I have been killed by plants that randomly spawn.

5. Followers in this game can not die, ever.

6. Never mind they can die by falling through the ground or randomly floating into space.

7. I picked up my game at Game stop so I got a special gun, I put a mod on this gun and now there is a red box with an explanation mark, this is because the gun was never modeled in Pre-production. This also stops me from being able to use the gun.
GAME BREAKER(kinda)

Surprisingly though, even with all of these bugs the game is awesome, like really awesome. The game keeps everything that I liked about Fallout 3 and put everything I liked from Fallout 1 and 2. The game looks exactly like Fallout 3, but set in the west coast like in 1 and 2. The trait system is also back from Fallout 1 and 2. This makes your character far more customizable, in this game if you want to you can play as the 8 ft tall Neanderthal with 0 intelligence, you can also play as the weakling with 100 percent intelligence, its up to you. Your not playing as the faceless character that you played as in Fallout 3.

Adding factions to the game in theory sounds like a good idea, choose witch group you want to side with and help them out. Except every thing I do in this game pisses some one else off, like pisses them off enough to send people to kill me. Here's another bug, the people that they send to kill you don't walk up to you or anything, they spawn behind you at random times and shoot you. Rad. Another change that they made in this game was making it so that you can't be god. You can't hit level 20 and have nothing kill you. In this game 4-5 shots your dead. End of story.

Hardcore mode is also something new that they added to this game. In hardcore mode you have to sleep, you have to eat and you have to stay hydrated, or else you die, game over. Sounds fun huh?...Yeah, F**k that.

Overall if you liked Fallout 3 you might like it after it gets patched in a few months, just play Fallout 3 till than.

No comments:

Post a Comment